Garage doors are the most useful invention and can provide you with both storage space and much-needed security. Garage doors make our lives simple. They have revolutionized our property maintenance. Property owners have to make sure that their garage doors are operating properly as they are important to the security and safety of their homes. Just like any other large and medium-scale mechanical and engineering application, a garage door system depends on the functionalities of several interconnected parts for safe, smooth, and efficient garage door operation.
A garage door comprises two most essential components; its garage door and its opener. A proper working condition of a garage door can only be ensured if it is well-maintained. You should hire professionals for the annual inspection of your garage door to detect any issues before they start. Sometimes, even reliable garage doors need major repairs due to wear and tear. Kindly consider this blog worth reading to know everything you ever need to know about garage door repair in Fairfax, VA.
Common Garage Door Problems:
- Noisy Garage Doors: Noisy garage doors are a troublemaker for anyone who has to sleep next to the garage. The door’s hinges are the root cause of noisy garage doors. The rollers that run in the metal tracks can also create problems due to wear and tear.
- Frozen Garage Doors: Moisture and cold can prevent smooth operations of garage doors during the coldest days of a year. In this situation, garage doors can freeze to the floor, and icy concentration can make it difficult for you to open and close your garage door quickly.
- Broken Glass: garage doors experience broken glass from time to time due to various play activities at nearest yards. However, it is important to repair glasses as quickly as possible, as broken glass in a garage is a safety concern.
- Faulty Garage Door Opener: We can open or close garage doors by simply pressing a button because of the effective functioning of the garage door opener. Garage door opener problems are very common and property owners must hire professionals for garage door repair in VA to diagnose and repair common garage door opener problems.
- Faulty Garage Door Springs: A garage door spring is critical for the safe and easy opening and closing of your garage door. The door springs help to lift and lower the doors smoothly. Springs are under constant pressure and wear out eventually. If you feel that the doors are quite heavy to lift by hand, you can assume that they are wearing out.
Basic Maintenance Tips:
#1 Examine The Rollers & Tracks:
You must examine the rollers and tracks of your garage doors. You must clean the rollers and tracks with a good brush and lubricate them from time to time. In addition, you should also hire garage door repair professionals to replace rollers and tracks if they do not operate smoothly.
#2 Tighten The Hardware:
The tracks are attached to the garage with brackets. You have to make sure that this section is well-secured. One must carry out the periodic inspection to ensure that screws and bolts are tightly holding the brackets.
#3 Check The Cables And Pulleys:
Spring-operated garage doors have cables and pulleys for smooth operations. Over the period, they may wear out. If you discover frayed cables and damaged pulleys, you must hire professionals to replace them as quickly as possible.
#4 Check The Door Balance:
You must test the door balance from time to time to find out the efficacy of garage door springs. If they wear out and stop functioning effectively, you will have a hard time lifting the door. You should hire professional technicians to replace worn-out springs.
#5 Check The Autoreverse Feature:
The garage doors are usually designed to reverse and lift the door automatically if they encounter obstacles on the way down. If the feature no longer works, you must contact a professional immediately to repair or replace the garage door opener.
Find The Best Garage Door Repair Company in Fairfax, VA:
If you are facing some sorts of issues with your garage doors and you need to repair or replace them immediately, Adams garage Doors LLC can help you by providing you with same-day garage repair and maintenance services. They offer a wide range of garage doors repair and garage door maintenance services including garage door repair, garage door opener repair, spring replacement, panel replacement, track repair, hinge repair, and many other services. Our company has some of the best-experienced professionals and technicians who have over 40 years of experience in the garage door repair and installation industry. Call us now to talk to our experts and get a free quote for your garage door repair.